My company was founded on the idea of helping those in need of motivation to further their fitness, nutrition and health goals. I completely embrace the power of healthy living and want to share that feeling with others.
About 7 years ago I walked into the international software firm I was working for, closed the private corner office door and silently cried at my desk. I was overweight and had no energy to tackle my day; let alone feel good about it.
I had been flying in and out of town every week consistently for years. Living in hotel rooms, missing out on my life for my corporate job. I was exhausted and defeated. I knew something in my life had to change but was not sure what to do or where to begin.
Is this YOU?
- TIRED of dieting?
- TIRED of gaining and losing the same 5 pounds?
- SAD to see your body look the way it does?
- FRUSTRATED that your efforts aren’t getting results?
- SICK of being hungry?
- OVER not knowing what diet to follow?
- OVERWHELMED by too many options?
- Just TIRED… as in exhausted physically and emotionally…
If the above sounds like you, I completely understand!
You would not imagine the countless number of other people I have talked to with THE EXACT SAME STORY! People that share those feelings of being.
- Stressed out
- Constantly going to the doctor because of colds and viruses
- Repeatedly trying and failing to lose weight or get on a healthy eating regimen
- Suffering in silence from depression and/or anxiety
The solution for me was finding a “whole-istic” approach towards fitness and healthy eating that fit into my current lifestyle. Something I could control. This plan involved:
- Learning to eat nutritious foods that gave me energy and vitality.
- Learning exercises that I could do whether at a gym or on the road.
- Setting specific, measurable, and achievable goals.
- Understanding motivational techniques that I could easily incorporate into my life.
- Surrounding myself with and learning from experienced people who had already accomplished (or wanted to accomplish) what I was trying to achieve.
I am an insured, NCAA Action certified personal trainer who is also certified in the following specialties:
- Advanced Nutrition and Sports Performance
- Power, Strength and Endurance Training
- Active Aging and Nutrition
- Soul Yoga
- LFIT (Let’s Face it Together) Facial Fitness and Rehabilitation
- TRX Suspension Training
- Nutrition, Hormone and Metabolism
- CPR & AED
I LOVE sharing my knowledge with others so they can look and feel better. Let me help you in the journey of changing your life today!
How Do Coaching Sessions Work?
A coach has a plan. A coach knows exactly where to start. We tailor our approach to your individual needs and goals. Sessions are based on a continual process of assessment, goal setting, action steps and back to assessment.
Why Does Health and Wellness Coaching Work?
Health and wellness coaching focuses on not only activity and nutrition, but on the destructive thinking that prevents you from being successful. At times, everyone stands in their own way. However, some people do this more than others. If you are not able to reach your health and fitness goals, this might be you.
Health and Wellness Coaching focuses on issues in thinking that get in the way of health and fitness, such emotional eating, anxiety about exercise and nutrition, fear of the process, and a lack of knowledge about what to do. Most clients who fit this category are significantly overweight, in poor shape, and have a harmful emotional connection to food.
We’ll help you discover why you get in your way, if others are playing a role in this, and help you develop a strategy for moving beyond your roadblocks and moving down the path to success.
How Long Is the Process?
Coaching deals with an intentional change of your daily habits. This does not happen overnight. Some clients make coaching an integral part of their life. Some are seeking help for a specific situation. While results can be seen in as little as a month, a minimum of 3 months is recommended. Many clients have worked with the coach at My Positive Fitness for 2+ years to continue to reach new goals!